- The MoHFW should undertake awareness-raising for non-health sectors about WHO FCTC Article 5.3 obligations.
- Tobacco-related CSR activities must be banned.
- The government must formulate a simple tobacco tax policy and increase tobacco prices to reduce demand for tobacco products.
- The government must divest its investment from tobacco companies by 2022.
- The government must remove all incentives provided to the tobacco industry including the exemption of export duty and VAT in the national budget.
- The government must not allow new foreign tobacco companies to invest in Bangladesh.
- The government must expedite the adoption of a code of conduct for all officials in interacting with the tobacco industry by 2021.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet