- Create a code of conduct with minimum standards for the interaction of government officials with the tobacco industry in accordance with the provisions of Article 5.3 of the FCTC and its guidelines.
- Have a National Plan for Tobacco Control with intersectoral and civic society participation, which considers within the strategic actions the promotion and (or) awareness-raising directed at all public powers on the FCTC and Article 5.3.
- Establish a transparent official mechanism to record the interactions that government representatives have with the tobacco industry, in accordance with the provisions of Article 5.3 of the FCTC and its guidelines.
- Establish a policy to reject acceptance of any form of contribution or gift from the tobacco industry.
- Include in the strategic actions of the Observatory Surveillance and Intervention Strategies Health for compliance with Law No. 9028 (OVEIS) monitoring actions on implementing the tobacco industry to the detriment of Article 5.3.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet