- Strengthen and capacitate the interagency-multi-sectoral committee with resources to develop and implement enforcement mechanisms to control tobacco use in the country.
- Ban tobacco-related CSR activities as stipulated in Article 13 and Article 5.3 Guidelines of the WHO FCTC.
- Require the tobacco industry to fully disclose all its activities including revenue and profits, tax exceptions or any privileges received by the tobacco industry.
- Improve transparency in government interaction with the tobacco industry including making known any records of lobbyists acting in the interest of the tobacco industry.
- Develop a code of conduct to guide public officials when interacting with the tobacco industry.
- Develop programs to regularly increase awareness of public officials and agencies on FCTC Article 5.3.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet