- To ensure transparency, there must be a procedure for government officials to record all interactions, where strictly necessary, with the tobacco industry.
- Ban tobacco-related CSR activities.
- The tobacco industry should not be given any benefit to run its business. Tobacco control legislation must be implemented.
- Tobacco companies should not be involved in agencies responsible for regulation, such as AKSEM.
- A code of conduct for government officials is needed to provide guidance on dealing with the tobacco industry. The code will stop government officials from endorsing tobacco-related activities and the tobacco industry.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet