- Disallow the tobacco industry from participating in the Tobacco Control Board which determines and sets policies concerning tobacco control.
- Prohibit any incentives provided to importing tobacco into the country.
- Restrict interaction with the tobacco industry to only when necessary. To facilitate this, funds/technical assistance from entities that have ties with the tobacco industry should be rejected and all necessary interactions should be carried out in a transparent manner.
- Hasten the drafting and implementation of the code of conduct for government institutions.
- Implement the rules set by the Health Protection Agency for public officials and organizations in regard to use of tobacco and other unhealthy products.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet