- As a matter of urgency, enact a national tobacco control law, which incorporates WHO FCTC provisions, and adopt a national tobacco control plan aimed at the Tobacco Control Act.
- Provide adequate resources for tobacco control programs.
- Make concerted efforts among the government, civil society organizations, including NGOs, and the population at large to establish a common strategy with the aim of saving human lives.
- Create necessary conditions for future generations to lead healthier more sustainable lives free from the harms of tobacco use.
- Institutionally implement education, communication, training and public awareness programs on tobacco use hazards to cover the most disadvantaged groups of the population, particularly in rural areas.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet