- Enforcement of CSR and TAPS bans should be upheld in compliance with national laws.
- The tobacco industry should be penalized for non-compliance with tobacco control laws, such as non-application of pictorial health warning on packs.
- To promote transparency, there must be a procedure to guide all officials in their interaction with the tobacco industry and its representatives, based on WHO FCTC Article 5.3. Currently only the Ministry of Health and Sports has such guidance.
- There must be a program to raise awareness on Article. 5.3 to guide all government departments, especially those with close dealings with tobacco industry.
- The tobacco industry must be required to provide information about its business, including what it spends on marketing and philanthropy.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet