- The government must fully implement the National Tobacco Control Act 2015 and the National Tobacco Control Regulations 2019.
- As a signatory to the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), the government must provide information on its interactions, economic incentives and benefits that the tobacco industry receives from it.
- The Federal and States government should provide a process to fully disclose minutes, proceedings of meetings and interactions with the tobacco industry.
- Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the government should consistently update their websites for easy information dissemination and for transparency.
- All government officials in relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies to tobacco control must sign the conflict of interest forms.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet