- There should be a code of conduct for public officials to guide them when dealing with the tobacco industry. This code should provide a procedure to limit the interactions with the tobacco industry to only when strictly necessary.
- There should be a strict code of conduct for all the health institutions and health professionals to guide them when dealing with the tobacco industry. This code and policy must provide a procedure to ban any financial or non-financial support from the tobacco industry and any engagement with the tobacco industry.
- The government must put in place a program to consistently raise awareness on policies relating to Article 5.3 to ensure all units of the government are aware of tobacco industry interference and to reduce unnecessary interactions.
- The government has to require tobacco companies to report on the various aspects of their business including marketing expenditures, revenues, lobbying and philanthropy.
- The transparency registry must be installed.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet