Indicators of Influence
These seven key indicators highlight interference from the tobacco industry in Tanzania.
Industry participation in policy development
14 / 20
Tobacco industry-related CSR activities
4 / 20
Benefits given to the tobacco industry
10 / 20
Unnecessary interaction with the tobacco industry
5 / 20
Procedure for transparency measures
6 / 20
Avoiding conflicts of interest
9 / 20
25 / 30
These are ways Tanzania can deter interference from the tobacco industry:
- Develop an FCTC-compliant tobacco control law to protect the public, particularly children and vulnerable sectors of society, from the damages of tobacco use.
- Ban all tobacco-related CSR activities.
- Ensure transparency by recording all interactions with the tobacco industry which should be only when strictly necessary.
- Implement the guiding principles of FCTC Article 5.3.
- Develop a code of conduct for government officials to provide guidance when interacting with the tobacco industry.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet