Indicators of Influence
These seven key indicators highlight interference from the tobacco industry in Ukraine.
Industry participation in policy development
13 / 20
Tobacco industry-related CSR activities
4 / 20
Benefits given to the tobacco industry
8 / 20
Unnecessary interaction with the tobacco industry
11 / 20
Procedure for transparency measures
6 / 20
Avoiding conflicts of interest
5 / 20
17 / 30
These are ways Ukraine can deter interference from the tobacco industry:
- Ban all forms of tobacco industry-related CSR activities as recommended in the WHO FCTC.
- Implement a procedure for interaction and disclosure of records with the tobacco industry and disclose all records of interaction with the industry.
- Remove any benefit given to the tobacco industry, such as duty-free cigarettes for international travelers.
- Require the tobacco industry to report on its expenditure on marketing and lobbying.
- Adopt a code of conduct for its officials when dealing with the tobacco industry.
Learn more about tobacco industry interference in this country.Download Fact Sheet