Tobacco-use claims more than 8 million lives every year worldwide. But the tobacco industry continues to influence and interfere with policies that would ultimately save lives.
The first-ever Global Tobacco Industry Interference Index (Global Tobacco Index) shows how well governments in 33 countries are protecting health policy from industry meddling. Each country is scored annually on overall level of industry influence as well as key indicators. This report:
- Ranks 33 countries based on the level of tobacco industry influence
- Highlights government successes in addressing industry interference
- Provides a diverse set of case studies on the industry’s meddling
- Includes recommendations for governments to better protect their policymaking
The power to stop tobacco industry interference lies in the hands of governments.
Access the Global Tobacco Index materials:
- Full Report
- Executive Summary – English
- Country Rankings
To access country-level data and information and explore the main website, click below.
Global Tobacco Index